Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My Blue House {before}

I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of rooms that are completed since I officially moved in, so I thought I would start just some of the before pictures. I must admit that when I first saw this house I was scared; I never saw the house in person before it was actually mine. I found the place online while I was still in college living in Nebraska. My parents had looked at it a couple of times and we (mostly my lovely dad) decided to move forward. However, I had been dreaming of a reno project for quite some time, so obviously I was able to see the potential and then got really excited! I couldn't wait to get to pick out the finishes and truly make this house into something that actually felt like my home. 

This house was a foreclosure and it needed A LOT of TLC (and then some). The previous owners stripped the house of basically everything, and what they didn't take was left damaged. They took everything from the furnace to Hostas from the landscape. There were a few fixtures missing and the doors had holes punched in them. The carpets were badly stained. Let's just say it didn't smell very nice and one of the first things I did after getting the keys was rip out ALL of the carpet and pad. 
front, from street

kitchen




basement bathroom


basement family room



utility/laundry room
'eat in' area of kitchen

looking from kitchen into the 'dining area'
living room



upstairs bathroom



bedroom #1

bedroom #2


office/craft room

 Whew. So there you have it. She was a real beauty! I am so glad that I got to incorporate my own style into this house and even though we still have a ways to go, I love that it feels like home! Of course, this little peach helps in that department, too:

little miss emma

No comments:

Post a Comment