Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kitchen Progress

I love kitchens; I think they are one of the most 'popular' spots in a home. As you will see as you follow along, my style is really farmhouse/vintage/cottage. I have a big collection of Moderntone dishes that I really wanted to be able to show off in my kitchen. 








I wanted this space to be functional but I also wanted to be able to 'show off' my dishes (I planned to use them as my everyday dishes), and still display some of the serving dishes that would not be used as often. I had to keep this in mind when I went to order my new kitchen cabinets from Menards (of course during a sale).  SO, I ended up getting a decent deal on new cabinets - with a free sink base and upgraded self-closing drawers! This kitchen is not big, but I have found that I have no problem with storage (yet). Besides I'm all about simplifying - so if it doesn't get used and it's taking up space - it's going to go!

Here are some pictures of during the process. We had to replace some sub-flooring and some sheet rock on the exterior wall. This worked out well because we were able to re-insulate and vapor barrier, fix some electrical issues, and then we were able to fix/cover up (with a skim coat) the (awful) wallpaper without having to remove all of it! Win-win if you ask me.













No comments:

Post a Comment